Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Friday, May 27, 2005

A welcome and a reminder...

Hey, just so you girls know, you're officially NOT the only people reading my blog anymore- we have a representative from Ireland (which I will honor by writing in green, lol) who will be reading our rantings on here periodically from now on. ;) ;)

Ya'll remember hearing about Owen, even if I'm not certain you actually ever met, lol.

Owen, feel free to comment, even if it's an "what the Hell are you crazy Americans talking about?" from time to time, lol. I enjoy all my comments, ya know?

Oh, and Betsy, concerning the following email you sent to me at God awful early this morning... (Or maybe it wasn't EARLY to you, persay, since you hadn't gone to bed?)


"it is 2:07 am. let us parachute into a midwestern highschool football field and begin the invasion, girlies. neocon facists disguised as pinkos forever! yipee! if we convince the hippies we are on their side, they will gather in one place and we can mow them down. this is an excellent plot i've stolen from Joseph Stalin, who is no doubt spinning in his glass coffin in Moscow or whereevers."

I would be completely behind any and all plots you come up with, if I understood EXACTLY what you wanted us to do... Because I'm not gonna lie, this one confuses even me. Perhaps if I was also sleep deprived and had consumed a lot of veggie dip and Vanilla Coke... But maybe not even then, lol.

Love ya babes! ;) ;) :P

Yay, Star Wars with my girlies in two hours and counting! Let us mock the blatant Bush bashing/horrible dialog and enjoy the last Star Wars movie in the history of even! (I'm an Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi girl myself... Gotta love young, yummy Harrison Ford!)

Oh, and if you fall asleep during the movie Bets, Maggie and I reserve the right to scribble on you in permanent marker, etc., etc.

...

But of course I wouldn't REALLY do anything like that to you!

...

I swear, stop looking at me like that, lol.

Oh, and on a more serious note, its Memorial Day Weekend this weekend and I just wanted to take a moment starting today to mention our fallen heroes in all of the conflicts America has been involved in from the very beginning in all the different sections of our military and beyond. 

Playlist for this weekend includes (but is not limited to) these more modern classics:

American Soldier - Toby Keith
Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning - Alan Jackson
POW 396 - Darryl Worley
Only in America - Brooks and Dunn
Have Your Forgotten? - Darryl Worley
The Taliban Song - Toby Keith
God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
I Will Hold My Ground - Darryl Worley
Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American) - Toby Keith
Shiloh - Darryl Worley


Plus all of the classics, listen in the back our hymnal in church.

God Bless America!!!!

(From sea to shining sea...)

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 27, 2005 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Shannon, yer music is awesome. Please don't report me to the feds re: attempted overthrow of the government. Remember, only Sith Lords deal in absolutes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home