Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Under the Tuscan Sun

Betsy had pics of Tuscany on her blog and I was possessed with the need to do this, lol. ;) BTW, I LOVE this movie!


Memorable Quotes from
Under the Tuscan Sun
(2003)

Marcello: I am going to make love all over your body!
Patti: Can you star 69 Italy?
Frances: Ladybugs, Katherine. Lots and lots of ladybugs.
Katherine: It's a nice little villa. Are you going to buy it?
Frances: The way my life is currently going, that would be a terrible idea.
Katherine: Terrible idea... Don't you just love those?
Frances: I'll hire the muscular descendants of Roman gods to do the heavy lifting.
Patti: Think of your inner voice.
Frances: Inner voice..."What the fuck am I doing on a gay tour of Tuscany?"


Patti: Frances bought a house in Tuscany! And you're going to live there alone?
Frances: Well, I'm not there alone. I'm there with bugs.
Patti: Ew.
Frances: Every day I watch for the old man with the flowers, and I wonder, was he born here? Did he love someone here? Did he lose someone here? He doesn't seem as curious about me, but that's alright.
Frances: You're the one that made the "empty-shell person standing at the crossroads" speech.
Patti: Oh, yeah. That was me.
Patti: I refuse to screw up your love life.
Frances: Don't be ridiculous, Patti. You are my love life.
Frances: What are four walls, anyway? They are what they contain. The house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise.
Frances: This is really bad, isn't it?
Patti: Well, it's not good. Unless you want to give your butt a facial.
Frances: That's a contradiction in terms.


[at the Flag Festival]
Patti: These are straight men.
Frances: In tights.
Patti: Waving flags.
Frances: I'd like to make an offer on the house. This is what I can pay, minus the work on the place, and a rental car to drive off a cliff when this all turns out to have been a terrible mistake.
Katherine: Regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present.
Frances: Do traffic lights mean anything around here?
Marcello: Sure. Green light - avanti, avanti. Yellow light - decoration.
Frances: What about red light?
Marcello: Just a suggestion.
Katherine: Never lose your childish innocence. It's the most important thing.
Pawel: [after Frances finds him and Kiara on her bed] We have nowhere to be together!
Frances: And what does that make me? Saint Francesca, patron saint of horny teenagers?


Martini: Signora, between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew someday, the train would come.

Click here: Memorable Quotes from Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home