Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ducks...

I read somewhere yesterday that it is illegal to cross the Iowa state border carrying a duck.

No research has been done since to verify whether or not this is simply BS or just one of those strange laws that meant something back in the day-but I found it amusing.

...Just so you know, and Maggie can't complain I haven't updated in an inordinate amount of time. ;) ;) (And as I have been too busy the last few days to read/have an opinion on REAL news, this'll have to do for now.)

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    My dream is to to go to the summer Olympic games and win a Gold Medal for my skill and prowess at a match of Extreme Duck Duck Goose.

     
  • At Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Dude, Bets, I would so totally breal past you for the gold and leave you with the silver on this.

    I have SERIOUS Duck Duck Goose skills left from back in day. (And I creatively changed the name sometimes, too... To Carrot Carrot Celery, etc, etc... I kid you not.)

    However, I find silver a MUCH more attractive metal then gold... So perhaps I would "accidently" trip at the last second and let you win... You never know... ;) ;)

     
  • At Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Who says I can't complain? ::Complain, complain:: Just kidding ;) If I got to the legislature, I would spend my time either repealing these silly laws or making more of them. I imagine duck laws are a lot less harmful than the other mischief Congress gets up to ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home