Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 12, 2005

2,000 year old dates, anyone?

"But it is the female date that is considered holy, and that bears fruit. "Men are rather superfluous in the date industry," Dr. Sallon said.

Well, then. Should I even say anything here or just let this one slip by? ;) ;)

...You know what? I think I can just go speak for itself, lol!


"O.K, I have a date plant," Dr. Solowey said. "If it lives, it will be years before we eat any dates. And that's if it's female. There's a 50-50 chance. And if it's a male, it will just be a curiosity.""

And they paid her HOW much to grow this scrawny little plant again?

Click here: After 2,000 Years, a Seed From Ancient Judea Sprouts - New York Times



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home