Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Carb-a-phobes, stay far, far away! :brandishes bread:

Told Maggie earlier today, but for all the rest of my minions... I mean, friends... I got a full time job at Panera's downtown. So much for ever breaking the carb-a-holicism, right? ;)

(Actually, Dr. Atkin's died of heart disease and all, and humans have lived on grain derived foods since the beginning of EVER, so I think anti-carb people are insane. So I am working among my own, lol.)

Got my paperwork done for Panera's today, and I'm getting trained by their evidently best trainer person on Thursday, so yay for that, lol. Erica (managerial type person) was going to let me work tonight, but then it took us (other girl named Michelle was getting her's done too) a little bit longer to get done because of various interruptions.

Mostly this guy named "Bubba" who I've seen working before (and is evidently in Michelle's homeroom and kept walking over to talk/firt? with her) kept coming by and asking Erica is he could go on break, etc. Nice guy, seems a little slow, but that's probably because he's apparently on the varsity football team. Not to evoke the 'dumb jock' cliche... But... Lol. Like I said, he seems nice and has evidently been working there for a while.

Erica definitely seems really nice, and should be fairly easy to get along with. She seems a bit stressed out at the moment, but since school's starting back up so all the summer people left/way cut back their hours, I'm sure that explains a lot of it. Little spastic with time, though, because she apparently forgot she wrote down that she was going to do my paperwork with me tonight, lol. Luckily, Michelle had apparently just gotten there, so no big.

Now, I just need to get into the swing of this, and then find somewhere I can work nights-since I think I'll be getting weekend time in definitely at Panera's.

Ironic factoid I learned at 'Planet Bread' (policy type training yesterday): Pan = bread (duh!) and era = time of, etc. So Panera = Time of the Bread Bread.

I kid you not.

Lol! ;)

So, didn't tell my sibs yet, going to see who figures it out first. Going to be nice for Patrick to be back in school/swimming full time and not being able to earn money and have me with a paycheck, lol.

So, Maggie, I don't know your work schedule for your last week, but I'm working 8-2 Thursday, and 10-4 Friday. (Or you could just come in next week.) But whenever, hopefully I can serve you/take a break and socialize for a few. :)

K, I gotta go work on dinner type food, or I'll burn the chicken.

And that would be verrrrrrrrrrrrry bad.

Lata!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home