Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Music Recs... Twice the Speed of Life - Sugarland

Twice the Speed of Life - Sugarland

Definately the best debut CD I've heard in a good long while... But as I'm not the type to run out and buy music as soon as it comes out, I may not be the best judge, lol. (I honestly don't buy music often- that's what the library's for right? You get sick of music, you can always get it again, and you're not down $17 bucks.)

Vocal's are great, music is original sounding, and all the tracks manage to have variety while still sounding like the same band/type of music. If I were roadtrippin' right now, I would INSIST on bringing this CD. (And, it's country, so it drives my brothers nuts whenever they heard it on, so it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaall good, lol!)

1.Something More Been a big hit on the radio, and definately a great opening track
2. Baby Girl Great debut single, one of my favorite tracks on the cd
3. Hello One of my favorite slower songs on the cd, seems like it would be a good relationship type "our" song deal... But what would I know about that? Lol! ;) ;)
4. Tennessee Favorite track/easiest to sing along to! Cute little storyline, too- but that's the thing about country music, it's not just scrambled words to intraments, there's actually a story/point!
5.
Just Might (Make Me Believe) Another good potential relationship type song- or just on with a positive message for thos days when you need it...
6. Down In Mississippi (Up To No Good) Trust me, it's funny... But with a title like that, it was pretty much bound to be, lol!
7.
Fly Away
8. Speed Of Life Title track, fully expect this one to be the next one to hit the radio waves. Another good car/sing along song
9. Small Town Jericho Good song about good ol' Smalltown, USA
10. Time, Time, Time Another good song, but didn't stand out for me quite as much as the others- but 10/11 stellar ain't at 'tal bad!
11. Stand Back Up Nice ending song, had a good positive message (another great thing about country v./over mainstream pop/rap music

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home