Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Monday, September 19, 2005

Owwwwwwwwwww... But yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :)

Well, my legs hurt.

Learned line today, which is incredibly useful/stressful/fast paced/messy. Donna and Steph were awesome teachers. (And Karrie said I was "awesome" at line this afternoon!)

However, I am now nearly fully sandwich/salad/soup capable.

= Which means all I don't know how to do in the whole store is everything boss/paper related, pastry assembly and getting dough from freezer to proofer to oven for correct amount of time. Sounds like a lot when it's all written out like that, but it's not that much considering all the other things I've already been trained to do.

= Reminds me, Saturday towards the end of my shift Karrie asked me if I had ever considered being an assistant manager! :looks stunned, since I haven't been at work a full month yet: Apparently she feel I would train up pretty well. I'm all ... Wow.

Don't want to jinx it by talking about it, but that would be really great. (Provided it didn't bother any of the other people I work with-especially Lauren and Kristi, since we started at about the same time.)

Maybe I'm good enough I can broach asking for a raise toward the end of the next pay period? Hmm... ;) ;)


...Oh, and the first sandwich I officially made EVER was for Mr. Zartman. My mom says I should have "accidentally" gotten it wrong, lol. ;) ;) :P

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Your first sandwich was for The Maniac? I mean, Mr. Zartman?

    He actually eats. He may be human. My mind is officially blown.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    And I forgot to congratulate you on your potential riiiiise to the top of the heap! Or at least, potential training to get to the top of the heap, lol! I always knew you were management material :)

     
  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Naw, thanks Mags! You have such fair in me!

    ...Who knows if it'll happen, though... But the jump in my pay check would be nice, lol.

    Thinking about getting another job at night, too.

    Have enough connections to Creative Irish Gifts- but I worry if/when I answer the phone there, people will think I made up my name, you know?

    My mom thinks this is dumb, but there you go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home