Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I don't want it to snow tomorrow, snow tomorrow... I don't want it to snow tomorrow because it isn't even freaking Halloween yet!

Everybody sing along! (It goes something to the tune of Peter, Paul, and Mary's "Going to the Zoo Tomorrow" song that I listened to 15 millions times when I was about five.)

Seriously though... Summer gave up WAY too early this year. Like, before Labor Day. Which means it might now snow until April or June. :whines:

Also, I need to dig my gloves out of the coat closet tonight before I sit through my brother's football game tomorrow. While I'm sure stuff will fall and most likely hit me in the head, I am less sure I'm actually going to find my gloves.

Luckily he is a so called "first string" which I hope means I can leave the snowy, slushy, sleety weather earlier.

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Ummm, y-yeah, football is like bowling. There are *hee-hee* ten "strings." So, since a football game lasts for 60 minutes and your brother is on the "first string," he'll be done in the first six minutes or so.

    Yeah, that's the ticket.

    Seriously, though, don't let the cold snap fool you. I love the cold weather, but they say that this will be a warmer winter than usual.

     
  • At Friday, October 13, 2006 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Indeed, you must be proud of him. You will have to tell us how he did/does.

     
  • At Saturday, October 14, 2006 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Actually, I didn't get out of work until seven something, so I missed the first part of the game.

    (His coach said my brother did a good job being "the hammer" vs. being "the nail". Which I guess refers to a poster in the locker room? I don't speak football OR guy, so someone tell me, lol!)

    I was however, there for the last "15 minutes"... That lasted for an HOUR! :groan:

    My behind froze to the bleachers, and by that point, my brother wasn't even playing!

    They did win 28 to 8 though. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home