Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's the end of the world as they know it...

(Written Tues. night, posted Weds. morning...)

The kids go back to school tomorrow... Summer sure went by fast, lol. Can't believe youngest brother is the age I was when we moved here/baby sister is going into third grade. Much terrifying. I feel old, lol. ;)

Mom and I are probably going to run over and donate blood tomorrow. Feelin' good about it, especially since I haven't for a good year plus because of being on this one med/letting it get out of my system. I mean, yes, it's weird watching the needle go in (so I don't always watch, lol), but it's a fairly painless process/gift that can potentially mean the world to someone/those they love. One of those gifts-that-keeps-on-giving-things.

Especially since they're apparently on some kind of shortage plus Labor Day weekend coming up.

I'm going to try and remember to talk to them about donating platelets my next round (56 days in between, isn't it?). Never done that, and I know it takes longer/hurts a bit more, but since platelets are even hard to come by then blood cells... Actually, maybe they can do that tomorrow? (Though I think they might generally prefer you schedule that beforehand? Hmmm... We'll find out.)

And here's to helping the person who sticks me REALLY knows what they're doing, because I go in at 8 Thursday for six hours, and I hope my arm won't be aching too much!


I hope Mr. Whipple and Mrs. Terri (both running for BOE)/anyone running who is anti-MAW & current BOE got enough signatures/get them in on time Thursday!

My mom and I went to the BOE meeting Monday night-every time Patti Picard gets up to talk (or sits down, I'm not picky as long as she's talking) I get the urge to run up there and slap her silly. Woman makes me look unsarcastic, which is not only hard, but is also VERY unprofessional looking.

And she can't open her mouth without bashing 'No Child Left Behind'! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :smacks: I mean, she's all "how dare they have national standards they except our students/teachers to me" every five seconds EVERY time she talks. It's like heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeello, this is a BAD THING HOW, EXACTLY?? :glares:

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey - It's Ian from SOS. I think you comment about Mrs. Picard is funny. She drives me crazy but that is because she reminds me of Mrs. Doubtfire. Anyhow, one of my new favorite things is the public comments at the board meetings - I crack up when the board sits there with these stunned looks on their faces when people from SOS make comments. Then they give BS responses and refer to themselves as a group in the third person (e.x.: "The Board will now take comments from the community").

    I noticed you like to rag on the board - and feel free to do so at recalltheboard.org too if you haven't already.

    Peace ~ Ian

     
  • At Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:20:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Ian, you found me. What'd you search under? (Or was it because I've linked back to your site before?)

    Yes, I keep meaning to sign up on the Recall the Board message board- maybe now would be a good time to do that, lol.

    Dude, no talking smack about Mrs. Doubtfire, though, that movie is awesome! ;) ;) :P

    Hope you had a good first day back!

     
  • At Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guessed it - it was because you link to my site. I can see lots of cool stuff like that with the server that is hosting the websites.

    Anyway, its good to see that both Mr. Whipple and Mrs. Terry filed their petitions with enought signatures.

    And thank you - I had a great first day back.

    -Ian

     
  • At Friday, August 26, 2005 7:06:00 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I remember Mrs. Picard! The library lady! Ahhhhhhhgh!

    Good on you donating blood! I have successfully done that exactly once. Last time I tried to do it they told me something in my blood was too low, iron, I think? Uh oh, I bet I have diptheria or something ;) But now when you see those Red Cross commercials you can proudly say, "Stop bothering me, I have already answered the call!" :)

     
  • At Sunday, August 28, 2005 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Giving blood was actually an all around good experience- my mom's iron levl was too low, so she couldn't give, but mine was fine (yay big Heinen hamburgers the night before, lol). Guy who did it was great, almost no bruising since and my arm wasn't sore day after- VERY good thing!

    Also, he said I have "beautiful" veins. Which is either a nice compliment or the weirdest almost pick up line I've ever recieved. ;) ;)

    I'm not sure why you ever would have seen Patti Picard in the library, though, Mags- unless you're thinking of Katie Cybolski's (sp?) mom... Which, since she was also evil and spoke while in the media center, DOES make it an easy mistake to make. ;) ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home