Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Since I haven't posted anything interesting in AGES...

I fully intend to write a really LONG posting on work soon. (Covering cast of characters, stories, etc.) However, work day is busy, etc.

But it is DEFINATELY on the To-Do list, so nobody :cough cough MAGGIE: panic!

Was an absolute ZOO at work today. Also, I was yelled at by a lady on the phone because the person who took her order (Bernie? I never was sure) didn't write down that the order was to be delivered. Here I was, being all friendly and apologetically telling the woman this, and she freaks and is all "I don't have time to screw around, I'll just come pick it up myself!"

In a very bitchy way, mind you. (Since this was all my fault, and all. Serves me right for answering the phone, I'll never do it again! ...Until I'm the only one with a free hand open tomorrow, in which case I will, of course, lol.)

I now agree with Katie, Jo-ann's sucks. :P

Owen, you read on here again and don't comment (and then let me know!) I won't be joking about electronically kicking your butt to the curb. ;) And yes, I have no issues with Jenn reading my blog, provided she COMMENTS. (For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, Irish ex-bf Owen was trying to apparently explain my blog on the phone to his "flatmate" Jenn the other night and it wasn't working so much, so he wanted to show her the real thing, lol.)

Oh, and an political comment you can comment on, Owen- IRA sucks. The fact that they say they're totally disarming is bullshit. They had picked the Catholic and Methodist priests that are supposedly watching them do it! They may burn in Hell for it later, but of course they're going to lie!

Tip for everyone: The turkey salad is AMAZING with the Gorgonzolla sause instead of mayo with lettuce on the Asiago Foccica!!! Yummy! :)

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its finally happening! . . yes Shannon I'm actually leaving a comment!
    As I'm a 'comment' virgin apologies for not using the right lingo or whatever ... is there even a lingo for this?
    First off yup was good to get signs of life from you .. . .was starting to think you got abducted by aliens!
    And yes the IRA definitely are Wankers & anyone who believes for a second that they have sersiously totaly disarmed need their head examined!..like can you really trust people who killed 29 people as well as unborn twins in Omagh in Northern Ireland as recently as '98? I think not!!

    ...sorry for going on but it just strikes a cord ya know.

    On a brighter note, Shannon there is no need whatsoever to put the word flatmate in parenthesis when referring to Jenn, as thats exactly what she is (plus a great friend), i think the day anything happens between us pigs will indeed fly!

    Oh took up German tonight, doing a night course because thinking of spending some time in Germany next year while doing my masters. Its going to be fairly basic, and just 2 hours every wednesday night untill Christmas, but Mum and others think i'm nuts taking up extra work duing my degree year. .i'm sure i'll prove them wrong though!

    Anyway sorry for straying away from commenting.

    So as the Germans would say -

    Gute Nacht!

    (Love & Peace)

     
  • At Friday, September 30, 2005 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    The IRA sucks big time. Ohhh Shannon!!! you've deflowered Owen! Scan-da-lusss!

     
  • At Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Haha, well, you'll pick up on whatever lingo there is to this quick enough, lol!

    Oh, and "flatmate" was done like that because it's not an American word, so I feel weird using it, you know? (I guess the American version is more "roommate", even if you don't share a room. ...Mainly because "appartmentmate" is NOT a word, lol.)

    And, yay! You posted! (Finally!!!!)

    German? Ergh, I may be more German than I am anything (yay for all American's being todal ethnic mutts, lol) but I'm having bad mental flashbacks to Frau Suschil's class now. :shudders:

    Declinsions (sp?) are evil!

    ...And so was a certain ex bf I had the class with both years.

    ...Maybe that's more why I hated it, lol.

    Good luck though! :) I'm sure you'll handle it-provided you have the "opportunity" to miss sleep finishing projects every so often! ;) ;)

    Oh, and...

    Betsy, get your future Catholic nun mind OUT of the gutter, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (You know I don't want to have to make commenting rules, lol!)

    ...How very Twilight Zone strange *I* have to be the one telling *YOU* that! (That MAY just have made my day, lol.)

    Hey, Betsy, call me for once- I feel like I'm calling you all the time and I don't want you to turn me in for phone stalking or something! ;) ;) :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home