Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"It would be most inconvenient, since I swore to loathe him for all eternity."

Another movie preview... I'm starting to think I either automatically hit 'movie mode' when winter closes in... Or I've just had a very low opinion on all the movies that have been out in theaters since Phantom of the Opera came out last winter, lol.

Anyways, just saw the preview online for Pride and Prejudice, and this definately fits the description of a movie I would shell over money to see- and God only knows how rarely THAT happens. ;)

I am so far intriqued by the man who portray's Mr. Darcy in this version (even if he isn't Colin Firth and there's been no reports, confirmed or otherwise, that he jumps into a lake, lol!) . Actor's name is Matthew MacFadyen, and while he hasn't been in anything I've seen/heard of, he looks like he'll carry the moody, anti-social and yet still somehow appealing leading man roll off well, lol. (Hopefully he'll play off Keira Knightley well, right?)

Definate shades of Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon in 1995's Sense and Sensibility (where he and Emma Thomson were excellent... Kate Winslet was mildly annoying... And Hugh Grant was cute and confused, lol.)

Seriously, I love Alan Rickman anyways, but Brandon's just such a great character, and Alan plays him so well... :sigh: Seriously, major problems with Kate Winslet's character to be madly in love with that substantce-less (Is this a word? ...We'll just pretend it is, lol.) Willoughby until the end of the movie, you know?

So... Yeah... Done with this, but I figured Betsy/Maggie deserved fair warning before I dragged them off to see this when they're home next, lol! ;) ;)

Quotes from Sense and Sensibility:

Margaret: Please don't say anything important 'til I come back.

Elinor Dashwood: Margaret has always wanted to travel.
Edward Ferrars: I know. She's heading an expedition to China shortly. I'm to go as her servant. But only on the understanding that I am to be very badly treated.

Fanny: People always live forever when there is an annuity to be paid them.

Marianne: Fanny wishes to know where the key to the silver cabinet is kept.
Elinor Dashwood: Betsy has it I think. What does Fanny want with the silver?
Marianne: One can only presume she wants to count it. What are you doing?
Elinor Dashwood: Presents for the servants. Have you seen Margaret by the way? I'm worried about her. She's taken to hiding in the oddest places.
Marianne: Fortunate girl. At least she can escape Fanny which is more than any of us is able.
Elinor Dashwood: You do your best. You've not said a word to her in a week.
Marianne: I have. I've said "yes" and "no".

Marianne: Good morning, Fanny.
Fanny: Good morning, Miss Marianne.
Marianne: How did you find the silver? Was it all genuine?

Mrs. Dashwood: If you can't think of anything appropriate to say you will please restrict your remarks to the weather.

[Edward and Elinor are baiting Margaret, who is playfully hiding]
Edward Ferrars: I wish to check the position of the Nile. My sister tells me it is in South America.
Elinor Dashwood: No. She's quite wrong, for I believe it is in Belgium.
Edward Ferrars: You must be thinking of the Volga.
Margaret: The Volga?
Elinor Dashwood: Of course, the Volga. Which, as you know, starts in...
Edward Ferrars: Vladivostock, and ends in...
Elinor Dashwood: Wimbledon.
Edward Ferrars: Precisely. Where the coffee beans come from.
Margaret: The source of the Nile is in Abyssinia!

Marianne: I was never so grateful in all my life as I am to Mrs. Jennings. Oh, Elinor, I shall see Willoughby and you will see Edward. Are you asleep?
Elinor Dashwood: With you in the room?

Edward Ferrars: All I want, all I've ever wanted is the quiet of a private life, but my mother wants me distinguished.

[after Marianne has first met Willougby]
Elinor Dashwood: Marianne, you must change or you will catch a cold.
Marianne: What care I for colds when there is such a man.
Elinor Dashwood: You will care very much when your nose swells up.
Marianne: You are right. Help me, Elinor.

Colonel Brandon: What can I do?
Elinor Dashwood: Colonel Brandon, you have done so much already...
Colonel Brandon: Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.

Marianne: Are we never to have a moment's peace? The rent here may be low but I believe we have it on very hard terms.
Elinor Dashwood: Mrs Jennings is a wealthy woman with a married daughter, she has nothing to do but marry off everyone else's.

Marianne: When is a man to be free from such wit if age and infirmity do not protect him?
Elinor Dashwood: Infirmity?
Mrs. Dashwood: If Colonel Brandon is infirm then I am at death's door.
Elinor Dashwood: It is a miracle your life has extended this far.

Mrs Jennings: Oh, you are the loveliest girls that ever I set eyes on. Can you not get them married, Mrs. Dashwood?

Marianne: Come, I'm taking you on a walk.
Margaret: No, I've been on a walk.
Marianne: You need another.
Margaret: It's going to rain.
Marianne: It is NOT going to rain.
Margaret: You ALWAYS say that, and then it ALWAYS does!

Charlotte Palmer: She'll be wet through when she comes back.
Mr. Palmer: Thank you for pointing that out, my dear.

Charlotte Palmer: Oh, if only this rain would stop!
Mr. Palmer: If only you would stop.

Elinor Dashwood: You have no confidence in me.
Marianne: This reproach from you. You who confide in no-one.
Elinor Dashwood: I have nothing to tell.
Marianne: Nor I. Neither of us have anything to tell. I because I conceal nothing and you because you communicate nothing.

Marianne: Did you see him? He expressed himself well, did he not?
Mrs. Dashwood: With great decorum and honour.
Marianne: And spirit and wit and feeling!
Elinor: And economy, 10 words at most.

Mrs Jennings: Have you missed me, Pigeon?
Pigeon: Very much, ma'am.
Mrs Jennings: Yes, you always say that and I never believe you.

Elinor Dashwood: [as her mother and sisters rant about Willoughby's many qualities] Is he human?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home