Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Friday, October 21, 2005

Music Recommendation- My Kind of Livin', Craig Morgan

My Kind of Livin'
Craig Morgan

For those of you who still aren't with the "I Love Country Music" program... Get with it, because here I go again, lol! ;)

Craig Morgan's new(ish) CD is great- I rented it from the library because I though "Red Neck Yacht Club" was just about the funniest song EVER (which all of you with Yahoo! accounts NEED to watch on Launch- you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll go home happy)... And then I was semi-surprised to find out that I loved the rest of the CD, also.

Turns out, the guy does funny, semi-mocking fast paced stuff you can sing along with, but he's also got some good old fashion country ballads, and a few songs that just make you feel good.

Great thing about country music- it always has a message/a story in it, and there's no unnessecary swearing/etc in it. (Vs. some of the other disgusting stuff mascarading as "music" out there.) Also, country music is pro-American, etc, also v. the other music out there that makes me sick to my stomache/makes me want to smack someone.

Check the links of the BN site to hear snipits of all the following:

1. That's What I Love About Sunday 3:21
2. I Got You 3:53
3. That's When I'll Believe That You're Gone 3:28
4. I'm Country 3:19
5. Lotta Man (In That Little Boy) 3:26
6. If You Like That 3:48
7. Ain't the Way I Wanna Go Out 3:53
8. Redneck Yacht Club 3:50
9. Rain for the Roses 3:40
10. Blame Me 3:14
11. Cowboy and Clown 3:33
12. In My Neighborhood 6:09

"Very few people have pushed life to the limits that Craig Morgan has. An EMT at 18, a paratrooper at 20, and a member of the nation’s most elite forces a few years later, he is someone who has always packed a great deal into every moment - and learned to appreciate each one as well."

Naw, true American Red State Boy!

...And, he has big blue eyes and makes great music! ;) ;) :P

Oh, and closing with Red Neck Yacht Club chorus, just because...

Basstrackers, bayliners and a party barge, strung together like a floating trailer park anchored out and gettin loud all summer long.

Side by side there's fivehouseboat front porches astroturf, lawn chairs and tiki torches.
Regular joes rocking the boat that's us the redneck yacht club

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home