Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Friday, October 14, 2005

Random amusing-ness from work...

So, as there was no school today, work was a zoo.

And then Donna had to leave at 12, Ryan had to call off for whatever reason (poor guy, he apparently still thinks my hand was his fault- I feel bad that he feels bad, since he's a nice person to work with/talk to and everything), and Lauren couldn't come in today because of a conflict with her nanny gig.

And then all heck broke loose, lol.

So, I'm ringing for a half hour longer then I should have been (read: I should have left at ONE- remember this number, lol) but Hope's all "I need you for just FIVE MINUTES and then you can leave!"

What am I gonna do, say no to a manager?

So I pull on some gloves, pray I don't kill my hand, and dive in.

An hour later (Hope has BAD time estimation skills), I'm finally stripping the gloves off and going to clock out- at which point I'm the only person available to ring up several customers, because Bernie's doing something in bakery and Todd's God knows where.

And then, on the last guy, Hope comes up behind me, yanks off my hat and unties my apron and is all "go home, go home!" (Hat yanking off-age did lovely things to my hair- half of it came out of my ponytail and fell in my face. Poor guy was probably scared when I handed him back his change, lol!)

So, Hope.

Drives everyone crazy, and I can't tell if I love her or hate her yet. She was really good when I fried my hand Tuesday, though... But I can't stand people calling me "Honey" and "Love" all the time- esp when they're telling me to do things their way/instead of the way everyone else always does it. That can get annoying.)

(Note: I didn't mind working late, because I didn't go in on Weds. on account of my hand, so I loved the hours.)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home