Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Thursday, October 06, 2005

More blood pressure riding-ness...

So, guess what.

My absolutely favorite person :pauses to wipe dripped sarcasm OFF of monitor: came in to lunch today. That's right, the lovely :more wiping: MaW came in with as of yet Unidentified Male to order lunch to go.

Bernie and I were both working register, we were both open.

I glared at MaW (after a year BoE meetings she HAD to recognize me, even WITH the hat, but the woman has serious no-eye contact skills) and then proceeded to tell Bernie to ring her up, because I refused to.

Mainly because I figured upsetting a costumer/jumping over the counter to pound her stupid puffy hair into the ground would get me fired.

Which would be bad.

So I did the highly "mature" thing, and started to walk away, at which point I noticed a woman had just come in who was standing next to MaW and Unidentified Man.

So, I quite obviously did a quick spin back to my post and (in a warm manner and with big, friendly smile) gestured to the woman and asked if I could help her.

Woman looks mildly surprised, but had no objections to walking around MaW/Company.

Really, woman had some kind of simple order (salad to go, I think) but I had a hard time ringing her up (though I don't think anyone could tell) due to the fact that I could hear my blood pressure sky-rocketing because dear MaW was less then two feet away from me.

Thank God I didn't have to make her food, right?

Was really very traumatizing. Hopefully, I will get no grey hair from this. ;) ;)

PS- Oh, and when I walked into the library tonight, I missed the opportunity to run over/smash Andy Duff in the front door. (Who also recognized me, because he stopped suddenly, did a double take and then got the heck out of my way. Rawr.) I tell you, today is just NOT my day. ;)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home