Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Saturday, October 01, 2005

"Why do you always have to do "supratic" things like that?"

My nearly nine year old sister posed this question to me last night. Of course, she was asking me why I'm always "sporatic" NOT "supratic" (isn't that cute??) but, hey, it's a fun word... I may just start using it for the supratsisty of it. (Ok, THAT one may not of worked, but you get the gist.) In the spirit of that thought, here begins my complete supratic post on several things that have bounced around in my brain since the last time I was online:

Cut my hand slicing open a cibatta with a brand new serated (sp??) knife yesterday. Totally "brilliant" (write word/context/usuage, Owen?) on my part. :rolls eyes: It was a good, clean cut, so it should heal fine, but it's right on the inside base of my thumb so I'm having an impossible time keeping a bandaid on it.

I thought I was working until three today, so I stayed until three.

Turns out I was supposed to be working until 2.

Whoops!

I apologised to Karrie, but she's all "that's ok, we probably needed you anyways", which is awesome (and a positive sign) because A) it wasn't that busy today and B) she was upset earlier in the week because she had too many hours logged as completed in the computer then she should have.

New(ish) weekend girls Lauren and Gina are awesome. Gina's barely pushing 5 feet (if that) and Lauren makes me feel short (which doesn't happen with other girls a lot), and they're both super friendly. Totally enjoyed working with them today.

The new 'Pink' bagels (they have dried cherries, cranberries, vanilla, and some other cherry thing... chips? in them and are shaped like pink cancer ribbons) are A M A Z I N G. My mom came in after her meeting today and we each had one with raspberry cream cheese on my break and they are seriously the best bagels EVER. Shame they're only for this month!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home