Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Keep away from your enemies; be on guard with your friends (Sirach 6:5-17)

Major kudos to Greg on the above quote. I like very much, and think I shall keep it on a shelf forever, lol. ;) Very good advice.

Oh, quit complaining about the weather Maggie- you MAY have gotten WET, but the cold/rain/fact that it's Saturday drove an insane amount of people into Panera's today. (As in, at one point, I think we might have been out of tables which NEVER happens.)

Much insanity insues. Blood pressure waaaaaaaaaaaay too high/blood sugar waaaaaaaaaaaay too low because I had no time to stop for any food/drink related material. Plus, we didn't have enough people working today = always a *good* time.

Now, my weekend starts- as I get Sundays/Mondays off now that I'm working Saturdays most days. Karrie insists she needs me more Saturdays, and Mondays tend to be slow days, but having an S/M weekend is still weird, you know? Since it's no one else's weekend schedule, lol.

Random FYI: Lauren (really nice girl from work who started a few weeks after I did) is having a Halloween party that she's invited those of us in the appropriate age range to on Oct. 29th. Don't get me wrong- I haven't been to anything remotely resembling a party in two years (plus?), dressing up is always a good time, and I'm sure it'll be fun... But if I only know Lauren it could be kind of weird, you know? Plus, she lives on a college campus known for having hard core drinking related parties- might not be safe, you know? :sigh: Well, I've got time to decide, one way or the other. Opinions?

(And did you say you might be home for Halloween Mags? Maybe we can hang out and do something instead, lol.)

Craig's in town (blah) but my mom's got him at my brothers' swim meet with her for the rest of the day. Hopefully, he will leave tomorrow.

Maggie, I really want to do my new layout similar to Betsy's- but with different colors, obviously. You did her's, right? Got any tips I can beg off of you?

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 09, 2005 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Yars I can give ye tips! Write me a note with yer idears and I'll see what I can do :)

     
  • At Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:13:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    PS Yars, I might be home for Halloween! Mom wants me home, anyway, altho of course the girls here want me to stay and be their designated driver/possible vomit-cleaner-upper/enjoy dressing me up as "Ms. Frizzle." I am thinking Mom is going to win, though!

    I know what you mean about not liking going to parties where you don't know anybody or only know one person. I have had a few disasters with that scenario, he he ;)

     
  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 5:13:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Fab, we can totally do something then! (Shame you aren't going to be back the weekend before, though- as I am also not going to Alumni Weekend without anyone I know well, lol.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home