Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Anyone miss me?

So, hand is healing- though I'm still keeping it wrapped so I don't knock it open (again).

It's kinda in the wrinkly, itchy, shiny post burn stage now. (Sorry, no one needed to read that, lol. ;) ;) :P)

So, I got a call at 5:30 last night (I have Monday's off since I work Saturdays) from Katherine pretty much begging me to come in and help close since someone who was scheduled couldn't come in. This was good because A) still want to make up the hours I missed from the day after I burned my hand) and B) I'd never closed before so I wanted to get the experience in/make sure (for practically ONCE) that everything would be where I wanted it to be for today.

Then, of course, last night turns out to be one of the slowest Monday's in the history of ever- which meant I got out of there earlier then I would have otherwise (around 10) since we could do most of the closing work before we were technically closed.

All the night time people (a few of whom I know from Saturdays) were great, but Katherine is awesome. Seriously, my fav manager by a long shot (I mean, I love Karrie, but she has her psycho moments, and Katherine, not so much). We swapped Hope stories off and on all night and could joke around a bit since she has a similar sense of humor- it was a good time. ;) ;)

Which reminds me- I opened line (= MUCH bread cutting, making big orders, etc) Saturday, which was a bit hectic since I'd never done it all on my own before. Denise clocks in, and everything's swimming along fine as Saturday wasn't too busy...

And then Hope comes over.

Is trying to ask us to do different things... And totally can't remember my name.

As in, at all.

I mean, she got the first letter right, but that was it. ("I think it starts with an S?")

Note: as an associate, I wear a name tag WITH MY NAME ON IT- hence the phrase "NAME TAG" at all times- and I was wearing it WHILE this was happening.

Further note: Hope has been working with my five days a week (on average) for nearly a MONTH.

:rolls eyes:

(K. Done with that; back to today-ish story.)

So, get home 10:30. Eat dinner, catch up with mom, go to bed and proceed to not be able to fall asleep until after one. Get up at around six, because I can't physically pry myself out of bed earlier. :Note to self- move alarm clock to other side of room so I HAVE to get out of bed to turn the noise off: Am slightly late for work, and am half asleep (mentally) still.

...And Hope is working. And is very exuberant, esp considering time of day. :groans:

Seriously, EVERYONE wanted to kill/slap her today for various reasons.

(Side note: due to a lack of awakeness, today was a Very Stupid Morning for me. As in, if I was standing near things- I swear I didn't even need to be touching them- they fell over/etc. It was a good time, lol. Katherine's finally all "Do you need a break?", which I gratefully accept so I can go chug iced coffee, lol.)

As soon as it was time for me to leave, I go up to Katherine and am all: "I've updated the coffee and just cleaned the lobby. And I'm sorry, but I really need to get out of here on time, because it's one of those days that starts with an H."

Katherine: "?"

Me: "Hope. 7 AM. I NEED to leave now, Katherine."

Katherine: "Ah, sure, you can go."

Me: "YES!!!"

;) ;) :P

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Hmmm, this is the second time you've noted that this girl has been annoying.

    Is there no hope for Hope?

    LOL, sorry, I just couldn't resist. Bad pun, bad pun!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kudos to you Shannon!!

    Not everyone would have gone back to work so soon.

    And as for Hope . . .well there'll always be someone in the workplace you won't get along with . . .mind jumps back to the f***ing Quantity Surveyor on the site I worked on . . . just concentrate on the people like Katherine!

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Yeah, I've decided just to never take Hope seriously again EVER and today was great, even though it was really busy.

    I mean, if she thinks I'm laughing with her... Not AT her... WHy would I correct the impression? ;) ;)

    ...Though she did say she was going to slap me and Stephanie today. THAT was funny, lol. (Or maybe you had to be there?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home