Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

:waves:

K, just stopping by, no promises as to how much I'll be able to go over today. (I've started keeping bullet points for days I know I won't be ending up online so I hopefully won't forget as much, lol.)

*mild language warning for the following*

So, right off today, let's start by b*tch slapping the left wing media. I mean, SERIOUSLY. Yes, it is apparently a fact that 2,000 soldiers have died since American entered Iraq. (Side note: But just how many of these 2,000 were killed overseas in combat and not in accidents or friendly fire?)

However, it's DISGUSTING that THESE PEOPLE are sitting there essentially celebrating this fact.

Case in point: Cleveland Plain Dealer's leads with brief that "ANOTHER AMERICAN SOLDIER dies in Iraq Tuesday, the 2,000 killed in action for a goal that remains elusive 2 1/2 years after the invasion."

Ooooooooooooooooooooook.

Back that sh*t up.

Who the in the Hell had the "goal" of ANY Americans dying???

Let's think about this for a sec hear. There's been no indications from anyone (unless Michael Moore and Al Franken jumped in on this and I just didn't motive) that our Pres wants ANY Americans dead.

Heck, we got into this BECAUSE Americans died, that insane theory just doesn't play out well at all.

Ever.

:frustrated scream:

I mean, this is a war man. People died. It's horrible/sad/heroic, but that's the way it is.

How many battles in our nation's history ALONE have had more people die in on battle then this whole war?

Anyways, went into work today for five hours I wasn't scheduled for. (Shortest explanation: Lauren called off sick for Monday Sunday night, Hope calls me, I agree to come in on my day off since Lauren says she'll sub in for me on Weds, which is typically HER day off from work. However, I was talking to Karrie yesterday, and since Weds. are typically a ZOO, I offered to unofficially come in for a few hours.)

I have no idea if I get 'extra credit'/overtime for today, though I'm hoping so, since Karrie kept saying she was glad I was there, etc.


Jax came in today and got a cinnamon roll, a strawberry & cream pastry, a hot chocolate and a chocolate pastry. I think she was sharing with the friend she came in with, but I can't for the LIFE of me figure out where she puts it all. (I should take up dance, lol!)

Mr. Zartman (AKA Marching Band Hitler) came in for a sandwich Friday and he was... This is truely scary... FRIENDLY!!!

Mr. Z: I want a sandwich. What kind of sandwich do I like?
Me: Um, the last time you were here, you got the tuna on honey wheat with everything on it- and I remember because it was the first sandwich I ever made here.
Mr. Z: Yes, and it was the best tuna sandwich I ever had.
Me: :semi nervous laugh:
Mr. Z: I'll have the Italian combo and a coffee.
Me: What size of coffee can I get you?
Mr. Z: Look at my eyes; I NEED the largest coffee you have.

So, yeah. Funny/odd/nearly out of body experience, lol. ;)


My burn's healing, on this the two week and one day mark after I got it. Down to just wearing a band-aid, minus the gauze, etc. Been using Cocoa-Mango Shea Butter the last 48 hours, and it's made a marked difference in the color/how raised the burn is, so yay for that.

Kristi brought in her sonogram photo to work on Friday, and was passing it around when we had a slow second. It's amazing, you know? 12 week old baby, right there in black and white. (And she doesn't even look pregnate- which is something of a joke at work: "Kristi can wear maternity clothes for Halloween and pretend to be pregnate!")

Since 10-12 weeks is about average for most abortion, it just really threw me that day. I mean, here's clear, photographic proof that BABIES are what is being aborted, not "mashes of flesh" with 150 beats per minute heartbeats.

I really just don't understand how people can make an argument that they're not killing babies in abortion- I mean, talk about mental disasociation, right?

It's so horrible... :sigh:


So, my aunt's wedding is still coming up. Can't wait to be out in L.A. for Thanksgiving, though it'll be weird to be somewhere warm at Turkey Time, you know?

Still have NO IDEA what I'm going to wear, which I'm sure means I'm going to panic soon.

Ticket's across country are apparently something like $300-400 dollars right now.

:gulp:

If my mom will let me (I'm thinking I'll have to seriously talk her into it), I think I'm going to try and do Christmas early for my family and throw a lot of my work money into this, so we can hopefully get to go to Disney World/Land/I can never remember which is which, etc., when we're out there... And so my mom won't have to stress out about it, since it's really not fair for her to do this all, you know?

Prays for me to talk her into this, ok? I'll need 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home