Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Thursday, December 08, 2005

WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT

So, sorry I haven't been writing like AT ALL since I got back, but I'm still sorta in the 'catching up on things and readjusting to the Eastern time zone/below freezing temperatures' stage. (With emphasis on the problem being on the second half. Seriously, I can't get out of bed/to work earlier/on time lately because I'm having problems forcing myself to get out of my fleece blankets and into the not-so-warm air. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Good news is that it's going to snow 4-6 inches to night.

Don't look at me like that, Maggie- this is GOOD NEWS because it has to 'warm' back up to closer to freezing for snow to happen.

Bad news... Shoveling for the first time this winter at dark thirty in the morning. :whines:

I mean, since it was a high of SEVEN when I went to work this morning... And that's the 'minus WINDCHILL', which I assure you there was. :shiver:

Also, Maggie and I were talking about going to see a movie next Tuesday as it is her day off and if I whine that I haven't had one in weeks, I should be able to get it off too. (I don't know who else is back in town/if you're interested, but consider this an open invite.)

According to Fandango (as in the site, not the salad or a Mexican dancing oriented party) we have the following options, as Maggie and her family have decided to see Narnia this weekend... Which leaves me with no one to go with... But I'm not bitter at all, really! ;)

Pride and Prejudice (PG) 12:45 or

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (PG-13) 11:50am in town and

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (PG-13) 11:30am at the bigger, better theater.

Or, we extend where we're going a bit farther, and see Pride and Prejudice at a decent theater, since that also looks really good... Obviously, nothing's set in stone here, lol! ;)

And, once Memoirs of a Geisha is released nationwide, I'm going to insist on dragging people with me to see it. Maybe the week Betsy's home?

Btw, more pics/clips/trailers are up on Yahoo Movies, if anyone's interested...

Oh, and contrary to the subject heading here, I'm actually in a good mood. I just found it amusing. ;)

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:12:00 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Oooo, I forgot that Pride and Prejudice came out! Of course if you want to see that one it would be buena with me. Of course, if I don't see Harry P with you I will have to scrounge around for SOME way to see it, since if I don't ever see it I will be stabbed by my Potter-obsessed roommates ;)

    The "good theatre" is closer to me (kind of) but I will never be too good for Regal Cinemas, Hudson's first and shadiest! So whichever you would like!

    PS Whaddya mean, nobody to see it with? What are siblings for, but to bribe/blackmail/threaten into doing their sister's whim? I know I have used this method many times! ;)

     
  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Well, that clears that up and leaves us without a set decision = I'll call you when I get home tonight and we'll nail this down, lol. ;)

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh you guys are getting Snow!! You're so so lucky!!

    A few days back I saw a forecast for the US and the whole North East side was covered with white!

    The only thing we get falling is rain, And plenty of it! What did Ireland ever do to Mother Nature??

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Well, if you moved north (what? east? west?) to Greenland, that would solve this "problem" you're having, lol! ;)

    Or there's always Antartica. I hear they get a lot of snow there. ;) ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home