Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Don't worry, I didn't actually drop off the face of the earth, Maggie :P

Hey, it's me, reporting to you from this here computer, and while I have been MIA (and definitely not with Maggie's permission) for, by Maggie's count, five days, I assure you it was because I was very, very, VERY busy.

And not near a computer when I wasn't.

Which, as it turns out, is important for posting on blogs.

Go fig! :P

So, updates, updates, updates...

- We have our plane tickets for flying to my aunt's wedding, and I can pretty much promise that there will be NO posting the last week of Nov., what with pre-trip/trip/coming home and sleeping. (Hopefully, Maggie/etc. will be too busy for this to turn into a nation crisis, lol!)

- Much love of Judge Alito :throws confetti:, but he deserves his own post, so more on that later.

- Apparently Charles and Camilla (sp??) are visiting the country? Anyone notice/care? I read somewhere yesterday that a whopping 60-70% of people fall in the "I really don't give a darn" category on this, which even the British press was predicting, lol.

- Hope is going back to her other store for good on Tuesday. :tries not to look too happy and fails miserably: I'll miss having someone who knows what they're doing, it'll kinda suck we'll be down an assistant manager, etc... But I honestly can't say I will miss Hope in and of herself. Am I a bad person?

- Leads me to second bit of news... Last Thursday I completed training to BE a trainer- meaning I get to do all the new people we get from now on, get a blue (? kinda scared on this one until I see it) hat-vs. the tan one everyone wears, and get a raise. So, I go to ask Karrie about that Tuesday after I clock out for the day, and she's all A) bad shocked about what I'm making now because evidently Erica definite should hired me at a bigger salary :glares at Erica, who's not even her anymore because she's got an internship: B) brings up again (for real this time) that she wants to make me an assistant manager!

:happy scream:

So, I'd replace Hope, and maybe Dan, if she decides to get rid of him... Since he's kinda useless... Especially if his girlfriend is working... Etc... You know how that goes?

- Halloween was warmer then it was last year, which is good, as I was the one on the porch giving out candy. However, right before trick-or-treating was due to start, I notice the God-awful HUGE spider (as in, bigger then any non-tarantula spider I've ever seen in my life) with big evil, horror-movie looking legs hanging out by our front door.

Obviously, I freak (quietly, didn't want to freak out any little kids in area), because this is the biggest, grossest, most poisonous looking bug I've ever seen. Seriously, this thing's butt was the size of a dime = not normal for around here.

Littlest brother squishes with his big, canoe sized shoe.

Other brother comes home, and reports that other kid on swim team was bitten day beforehand by a poisonous spider (he didn't see, but from the bite it couldn't have been anything else) that the doctors had to give him STEROIDS to control.

Naturally, I jump every time anything touches me the rest of the night because A) GROSS and B) not so into being bitten by poisonous bugs. Thanks but no thanks.

Opening at 5:30 (again!) tomorrow, because Kristi has a normal doctor's check-up for the baby. (Naaaaaaaaaaaaw...)

Supposedly, I get off at one, but knowing Friday lunch rush, I definitely see that not happening, lol.

Working Saturday, so I might update then. Other then that, what I get done today, I get done, and Maggie will have to leave me alone about it. (Just kidding, Maggie!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home