Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Post Thanksgiving and other things...

Well, Thanksgiving in and of itself wasn't bad... Usual good food (which lent itself to equally good leftovers), weirdly warm weather, no work, got to sleep in/dress up, etc.

And, because it was Thanksgiving, Maggie came home! :hugs:

However... One stupid part with un-needed soap opera-type drama. (To skip that- and my slightly stupid story- skip down to where my text turns black again.

My teenage brother stole my cell phone when I left it on the counter for about sixty seconds to take the cranberry sauce from the kitchen to the dining room table. Just swooped in and nailed it without anyone seeing him do it.

I don't notice right away (being wrapped up in the food thing and knowing everyone else who needs a cell phone for any reason in my house already OWNS one and does not need to use mine) and when I finally do, I assume I left it somewhere and simply completely forgot moving it.

N0 such luck.

I pin point it down to this brother (after in-depth investigative reporting of the other suspects), and he, of course, totally denies it.

I am brassed off, but as he has finally gotten both taller then me and gained the ability to throw me across the room, obviously physical confrontation is not the best idea.

So, I get my little sister (shameless, much?) to essentially frisk him while in the guise of giving him a hug.

No such luck, cell phone has already been relocated.

It's late, everyone goes to bed, and I figure since there are no hammer's readily available in the house, my cell phone will be fine until morning.

Anyways, Friday early AM my brother has swim practice. (Silly me for forgetting, huh?)

At this point I think- without proof or confession- he sneaks the phone out of the house, because my mom and other siblings help me search his room in an extensively thorough manner that leaves everything back in its proper place.

Again, Baby Sis hugs Brother One when he comes back in house. No phone on him. (Or he's just got deeper pockets then we thought.)

Before Brother One leaves for alumni meet that afternoon, he is dumb enough to leave his cell phone on the kitchen table.

I snag it. (Would you have done anything different?)

Brother One then proceeds to use MY cell phone to call his- but I have silenced his phone, so this doesn't work.

:smacks forehead:

I mean, COME ON. Can we say DUMB move?

He then leaves for swim meet. Brother One's room is re-searched. Nadda.

So, ok. Phone is either in his swim locker or his car.

Hoping cell phone is stashed in his Camero- which has only so may hiding spaces- I patiently wait for him to go to bed/have time to drop off before I take the keys he left hanging on the front railing and sneak out to the car.

Car is searched.

I find a mostly used box of things I'd could have lived quite happily not knowing my brother had purchased/let alone USED (because I KNOW he was raised more responsible then THAT) in the glove compartment, but my phone is definitely NOT in the car.

Curses.

I go up, go to bed (since it's laaaaaaaaaaaaate by then). Crawl under covers, and- thanks be to God- my phone is mysteriously chilling between the sheets with me.

Needless to say, I gave his phone back to my mom- who knew I had it- and life went back to "normal".


So, yeah.

Thanksgiving, good.

Thanksgiving at my house this year... Not so much.

On the otherhand, no psycho relatives I'm not directly blood related to to deal with. :)

...Got enough of THAT at my aunt's Thanksgiving wedding last year, lol. ;) ;)

Hope everyone else had a less strange Turkey day!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home