Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

70 questions...

I never do these, so I decided what the heck.

1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
Adam (best friend since I was like six/seven), Maggie (of course), my aunt/uncle in CA who are two of the coolest people ever to walk the earth...

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Of course. I was trained at a very young age not to be one of the lazy people who make everyone else's lives hell. I have even been known to grab carts that weren't mine and put them back.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
In many situations, I talk too much. In others, like if I don't know anyone, I'm fairly quiet until the waters have been tested.

4. Do you take compliments well?
:falls out of chair laughing: Not at all, ever. Especially if they're about how I look, because I tend not to believe people. Low self confidence much?

5. Are you an active person?
Only if I'm chasing my brothers to take something of mine back... And when I have to actively run around at work all day. ALWAYS a good time, there.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Define 'wilderness'. Answer is most likely no, but people can do things they normally would never think of doing (like not washing their hair for days/not wearing make-up) if forced.

7. Do you like to ride horses?
When I ride a horse for the first time, I will be better able to answer this question. ;)

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Day camp, not overnight. And not since... Second grade?

9. What was your favourite game as a kid?
Uno and Life. I am (still) grand master level awesome at both of these!

10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you get involved with him/her?
Did Hell freeze over and I didn't notice? How strange.

11. Are you judgmental?
Only of people who still have Gore/Lieberman bumperstickers on their cars. ;) ;) :P

12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
I can't even sucessfully date someone of a different political party, so let's say no.

13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Mutual is better.

14. Can you speak another language?
I once knew some Latin/German but I think I was sucessfully able to forget it all by now.

15. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
Deaf, no question. If I couldn't read/see color/what's going on around me, I'd go completely bonkers.

16. What's your favourite food?
Pasta!

17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No, but I would like to. :hugs 2nd Amendment:

18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
My siblings. Non-living possession, the big box of family photos from when we were little upstairs.

19. How often do you read books?
About as often as I breath. Again with the rather-be-deaf thing.

20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Present.

21. What is your favourite children's book?
When I was little, it was all about the Narnia books, Little House on the Prarie series, Babysitter's Club, The Secret Garden, and A Little Princess.

22. What colour are your eyes?
No one has ever sucessfully answered me the question when I ask. Some days blue-ish, some gray, but mostly they just are just sitting there. Kinda depends on what I'm wearing.

23. How tall are you?
Five foot 11, but my fav. shoes always have heels so I can look taller.

24. Where is your dream house located?
Mountains of Colorado- provided someone else did the shoveling. ;)

25. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My brother's voice mail. He'd just changed it, and I thought it was just him goofing around and pretending to be the vm until the prerecorded Verizon voice kicked in, lol.

26. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
I want to say yes, but I can't remember when/who with.

27. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
One (two?) years ago when a small groups of us went to visit a friend on her campus. Flashback, because the time before that was in like 1995 for my brother's birthday back in the way back when we still lived in Austin.

28. What are your keys on your key chain for?
Work or regular? Far more keys on work one; office key, front door key, back door key, safe key... Etc.

29. What's your favourite colour?
BLUE!!!!

30. Where was the furthest place you travelled today?
Work pretty much was my whole day.

31. Where is your current pain at?
My knuckle/knee when Dan opened a swinging door into me as I was about to go threw it earlier. Hit me in exactly the wrong spot, esp. since the door had a metal edge.

32. Do you like mustard?
In moderation, and only with Lite Miracle Whip (which is the yummiest sandwich topping in the history of the earth).

33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Sleeping is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good thing. :)

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
People tell me my mom looks like my older sister; none of us (me/sibs) really look anything like my dad/his side of the family at all. Funny thing is I don't look like her pictures taken at my age, just the current age her, which is a tad strange.

35. How long does it take you in the shower?
Depends on the amount of hot water/how late I'm running.

36. Can you do splits?
Only with bananas. (For other people, of course. Love artificial banana flavoring, but real bananas turn my stomache.)

37. What movie do you want to see right now?
The new Pirates movie, since I could never find anyone to see it with me when it was in the theaters.

38. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
Since I don't currently have a pet of any kind... Definately no. And I'm not sure if I would, reguardless. Wouldn't they just lick it off?

39. What did you do for New Year's?
Went to bed, this past year. I wasn't in the mood, lol.

40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
All reviews point to no, but I didn't see it.

41. What was the cause of your last accident?
Does Dan opening a door into my hand count as an accident, or does a vehical have to be involved in this?

42. Do you own a camera phone?
As of... What? Last Thursday, yes. But I didn't by the phone to take pictures, I bought it to play music, lol.

43. What are you drinking?
Nothing strong enough. Last thing I drank was chai, cold. Would like a Mike's Hard Lemonade/vodka lemonade/Smirnoff Ice, though. (Maybe I am more flexible then I thought...)

44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Very much so. And she never understood why I wasn't. Her uniform made a great Halloween costume for me, though, in middle/high school.

45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
First is h, second is a. And, yes, I do have two.

46. Who did you vote for on American Idol?
I have never been able to force myself to watch.

47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I aim for 7-8... But you know how it goes.

48. Do you like Care Bears?
:chokes: I had friends when I was little that did, but I never really got into it. Probably because my mother only let me watch educational, non-animated television, lol.

49. What do you buy at the movies?
I generally sneak in anything I actually eat at movies because the prices are so insane. That's what purses are for, right?

50. Do you know how to play poker?
My best friend/his family tried to teach me for years, but it never stuck. I'm more of an Uno/Slapjack/Egyptian Rat Screw kinda girl.

51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Always.

52. What do you wear to sleep?
Old, comfortable gray pair of fleece sweat pants and an oversized Adias shirt I stole from my brother, or my Victoria Secret flannel set this time of year. Layers are gooooooooood.

53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Big for our town, yes. Big for an actual, honest to God city, not so much... 800 students at the high school walked out last year and were pepper sprayed by the cops... Mail boxes lit on fire... Property damaged... Things stolen... A man beat/stabbed his wife to death a week two weeks ago... And, oh yeah. Head type guy in local bank embezzeled $29 million.

54. How many meals do you eat a day?
Depends on my work schedule, but generally two. One if I can make it until 2-4 pm.

55. Is your tongue pierced?
No. Oooooooooooooooooooooow. (And also extremely annoying if your ever around someone who has one and PLAYS WITH IT CONSTANTLY. The clicking is... Urgh.)

56. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
I would have to have a MySpace.

57. Do you have pets?
Not anyone more, but I really, really, REALLY, REALLLLLLLLLLLY miss having a dog. :(

58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I like funny people who can be serious at the right time

59. Ever been to LA?
Yes. My aunt's wedding was awesome, thank you very much. :)

60. Did you eat a cookie today?
No. I had will power today, lol.

61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
I probably would if I knew any. Suggestions?

62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I don't download music.

63. Do you hate chocolate?
Are you INSANE???

64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
Urgh. Let's not go there, and say we didn't.

65. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
Ring. I’d prefer it to be on both, but apparently the my new phone can’t ring and vibrate at the same time.

66. Are you a gullible person?
I'd like to think not.

67. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
As it's been nearly three years... I'm going to go with no. Wouldn't know what to do with a boyfriend at this point if I suddenly had one, lol!

68. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
I would like to be a cross between Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham, but I probably don't have the skills required for that. ...Layout editor/editor of some kind at a conservative publication, maybe?

69. Are you easy to get along with?
If we think along the same lines, yes. Otherwise, things can get ugly fast.

70. What is your favourite time of day?
Night... if that counts as a time of day? If I never went to bed/hell froze over and I got up early, sunrise can be nice.

Labels:

17 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    2. Were we separated at birth or something?
    3. Apparently not!
    14. Ich habe zwei Jahre deutscher Klasse in Sekundärschule gehabt, und jetzt ich lerne sehr langsam Griechisch. 
    68. Are you trying to seduce me?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:02:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Okay, it looks like the Greek letters didn't show up, sorry. What I was trying to say there was, "Then katalaveno Ellenika puli kala." Glad I could clear that out for ya.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Oh, so the story about the gentleman dreaming about eating ginormous marshmallows only to awaken to a pillowless bed was just a hoax?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Ok, now I definately want to know what both of those translate as. (I got as far as 'I have two years of German class in high school- ? -' and that was it for the first one.)

    And you know Greek? Woah.

    Were those right? Any swear words in other languages for 61?

    And no, actively seducing anyone was not on my list of things to accomplish when I filled this out, lol. ;)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    You are correct. And what followed was, "...and I am slowly learning Greek. The Greek which followed that was, "I do not understand Greek very well."

    Auf Deutsch, you could try dummkopf or scheistkopf, where "-kopf" means head. Scheist is the same as fecal excrement. I know no others, but I might guess that dummtusch = dumbass.

    FYI, Ann Coulter has been actively stalking The Monarchist for a solid year now.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Has she now? How'd he luck out on that? What's he think about this? And, most importantly, can he get me an autograph??? ;)

    I used to know how to say 'you are broken in your brain/head'... But this was freshmen/soph year in high school, so I've had plenty of time to (intentionally) forget everything Frau Sueschel taught us.

    Dummtusch is amusing, and I think I may have to start using it. ;)

    You understand Greek well enough to say that you don't, which is more then the rest of us, lol.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    I think it's been a little embarassing for him, especially when she leaves voice mail messages on his home phone. You'll have to ask him for detailed information, though.

    Frau Seuschel? Yikes! I think my teacher was Frau Neufeldt. She was nice.

    Your compliment on my current project is warmly accepted.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    He's married/not into pretty, conservative, take no bullsh*t blondes? Or he has a thing for tall women that gets in the way? ;) ;)

    If I asked, would he tell? Sounds like there's an interesting story here. (According to women in the know, it is impossible to find down to earth, intellegent, straight men in DC. Makes sense she decided to look elsewhere, lol.)

    And, yes, Frau Seuschel was extremely yikes. Especially first thing in the morning. Blah.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Or would that just be too weird if I randomly emailed him and asked?

     
  • At Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Nah, I think he secretly enjoys getting unsolicited emails from hot rightist chicks. He has assured me that he is ultimately impervious to their charms.

     
  • At Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Well, I would say "where's the fun in that?" but since he's married... It all works MUCH better this way, lol!

    (Why are all the smart, conservative guys ALWAYS off the market? Or don't exist in my age demographic??)

     
  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    e-Harmony.com, my dear.

    Seriously, it's how...I was found ;)

    Of course, Dr. Phil is chasing all the smart-yet-handsome conservative men away from match.com, but e-H stands on its own.

    I understand that Rush Limbaugh has signed up with e-H.

    They are out there, waiting for you. Like everything else that is worth having...

     
  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Naw, thanks. Yeah,

    I know 'out there somewhere at sometime'...

    And I'm ok with that- the no boyfriend in three years (and he decided to break up with my on Christmas to go out with someone I thought was my friend) kinda killed my need for one.

    But seriously... Are all of the conservative guys in hiding, or do they just need to do better self advertising?

     
  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Well, now we're getting into territory that is worth a discussion of its very own.

    Having been one myself (past tense used here not because I am no longer male but because I am no longer on the market) makes for a strong likelihood that there are still more of me (and those of much, much higher quality, to be sure).

    If you seek men of college age, they are fighting the good fight in the university trenches, and they seem to be gathering more and more strength to stand out in the crowd.

    Once out of college, of course, they are either free to be themselves or are corrupted and must be renewed by the refining fire that is the real world, with a little Rush Limbaugh and americanfederalist.blogspot.com mixed in for good measure.

    At any rate, by and large (whatever the deuce those phrases mean), men with their heads screwed on straight (and right) exist, and they share similar urges to find attractive, intelligent, conservative women with whom to partner in their life journeys.

    Church is always a good place consider looking. Don't just look for guys who are "plugged in," not just filling a void on a regular basis but actually serving somewhere in the body. You can attract any man just by showing up and observing. However, the best will rise to the top when they observe you serving and subsequently share in your sacrifices.

    No, I wouldn't go right to e-H from the get-go if I were you. You seem like you are not in a hurry (yet another advantage you can enjoy), and I wouldn't characterize myself that way either. If you were to follow my example, do what you do best in the "real world" there where you live and worship; and if, like I did, you should thus see the Spirit leading you, then check them out--they will not disappoint. HE led her and I there for His Good Purpose, He will surely lead you where it pleases Him the most, and by your obedience you will find it to your ultimate satisfaction as well.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    I met Marc with a C at church. Same confirmation class and everything.

    Of course, this was back before my family left the Episcopal church, which just MAY have something to do with that.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Hmm, yes, that would explain much of the malady which afflicts him.

    I currently serve at a southern Baptist congregation, but I also served at a church that broke away from the Episcopalian fold. Both are very much alive and very much the realm of right-minded bevies of fecund nubiles.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Which is funny, because our priest is a former Baptist who now heads an Anglican congregation. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home