Yes, I'm a natural RED, WHITE and BLUE

Insprirational quote from service last Sunday: "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Things crossing my mind...

First off, let me join everyone else in the opinion that John Kerry has, once again, made an ass of himself.

And even more so in his "Hey, look at me, I was in Vietnam and I can make a lame attempt at being a man and stand up for my opinion for once... And did I tell you that I was in Vietnam?" follow up.

I was nearly driven to sing that 2004 election song with the "and I got three purple hearts!" song along while I was finishing sewing my sister's Halloween costume yesterday. (Where was that online again? I REALLY want to watch it again for some reason, lol.)

Much enjoyed El Rushbo going all "Mention me! Mention me!" followed by Kerry's "and now Rush Limbaugh will take five minutes off of dissing Michael J. Fox to mock me" line, proving, once again, how predictable liberals are.

'Page out of the Republican playbook' my American ass John! :P

Let us all thank God that this man is not our president!!

(The Monarchist's comments are much better worded then mine.)

~*~

Got a call from my best friend (since we were like six), Adam, called me back (FINALLY- the guy is honestly so bad at responding to emails/phone calls) and we caught up on the last six months. Turns out his girlfriend, Christina, is deploying to Iraq in a month.

She's in North Carolina right now- I forget exactly where- doing last minutes pre-deployment things. (Yes, I am uninformed, but I'm working on it!) He's going to visit her in a few weeks before she leaves.

He seems ok (as in, I flat out asked him, and he said he was), but you know men... And I REALLY know this one... :eye roll:

I think I'm going to get him (aka him to give to her) a phone card or something. (What exactly does one get for someone you never met your best guy friend intends to becoming engaged to/marry who's about to leave to serve their country?)

Prayers for Christina, once way or another!

~*~

Also, a kind of strange thing that happened Sunday night. We closed at eight (like normal), and I actually got all the "kids" (associates) out the door by nine (not like normal). Bakers' don't show up until 10ish, so I'm alone in the store until then doing paper work and for some reason alarm bells are going off in the back of my head.

Like crazy.

And I'm not a paranoid type person (I live in a safe, smallish, middle America city), pretty much EVER, but I'm going around locking the office door behind me, jumping every time the dishwasher/ice machine/AC makes ANY noise, taking a 10 inch long can-run-siskabob (SP??)-someone knife around with me when I got to the fax machine, etc, for an hour. (Again, NOT normal.)

(I opted not to take the last trash out on the theory that no one would know I was dead until the next morning if I get knifed by the dumpsters.)

Bakers get to work- turns out the front door was unlocked. As in, any random psychopath who wanted to could have strolled in and knifed me unlocked.

I have no idea WHY the door wasn't locked, though. I watched Heather locked it, there were no customers in the store right before we closed, all the associates know to leave through the other door.

Weird, huh?

~*~

Another great night a Bible study. :) Maggie, you have to come to at least one class once you're back in town!

~*~

My little sister was Susan from Narnia (coronation scene dress) for Halloween- and I was heming the darn costume until she walked out the door to go trick-or-treating- but she looked pretty darn cute... Er, queenly, lol.

Took me like an hour to get the crown the way I wanted it, too... But well worth the effort, she was over the moon. :)

15 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    And we may thank God for freedom of speech, else we would not know where these fools stand. Free megaphones for all registered Democrats!

    Please tell Adam and Christina that there are Federalists praying for them and are thankful to the utmost for their bravery, both of them.

     
  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seconded on both counts, Mr. Adams.

    Free megaphones for all democrats, and a stage from which to mega-insult us! This is not charity, it is duty.

    Likewise is it duty to implore the Father of Mercies in behalf of the friends of our friends and countrymen. An abundance of prayers for these champions of the cause of liberty!

     
  • At Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Which means, what? That you'll get an A instead of an A plus?

    :P

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a C said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Shannon, for what must be a very difficult time for you. On the plus side, its not like the GOP controlled congress was doing anything useful, right?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    You know, Marc, there was a time when I never would have believed you had it in you to be a jackass.

    Some much for by-gone days, huh?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a C said…

    C'mon Shannon, lighten up. You used to have something resembling a sense of humor back in the day. Your party has had its 12 years. Now, its our turn.

    BTW: Advertising the identity of an undercover CIA agent is a federal crime punishable by a lengthy prison sentence. Good thing this jackass decided not to notify the FBI, huh?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:06:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Last I checked, I didn't name you or your dad.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    And I'm sorry I don't have it in me to "lighten up" about someone who practically threw a parade when a former president died.

    That's distasteful, completely without class, and totally made me lose all respect I ever had for you.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a C said…

    What? He died? Last I heard when Nancy went to his tomb three days later, the honor guard was gone and the tomb was open with nothing but a burial shroud. Chin up kiddo!

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    And here I thought you expected us to take you seriously, marx. I would call you a jacobin, but then I never hated jacobins quite so much as to insult them by such a comparison. At least they're grown-ups. I will at least give you this much, you have quite the mature vocabulary for a 3-year-old.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Blogger Marc with a C said…

    Hey, I hear they're setting up a guillotine in Lafayette park. I've just placed an order for three smallish baskets. Any preference as to where you'd like to be in the line-up? I was thinking a three stooges theme, but I haven't read enough about you all to figure out which one of you is Moe. Cheers!

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Look, Karl...that is your real name, isn't it, Karl?...it isn't that smart to make death threats, veiled or otherwise, before they're legal. Nancy Pelosi hasn't taken speakership yet, so you might want to wait until the new year and try again. You'll probably be in the clear then.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Marc with a C said…

    I know Maggie, I know. I'm being mean. It's just that 12 years is such a long time ;)

    Death threats? Ann Coulter saying someone should poison David Souter's creme brulee is a death threat. This is just a historical pastiche which I thought appropriate given the Jacobin epithet. I knew that would come up. But lest you find yourself clutching your pearls in horror, I will relent. They are not, in fact, setting up a Guillotine in Lafayette park, and I have not placed an order for three headbaskets. Although I did hear they were forming a committee for public safety. I wish all three of you a long, prosperous, and fun-filled life full of ideological rants. That's what makes for morning reading :)

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Edmund Schrag said…

    Well, that's a relief! I was starting to worry there the last hour or so. I appreciate you clarifying that for me. I owe you my life.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Sebosmile said…

    Naw, thank you Sam and Maggie!

    (Not that Maggie doesn't always have to be the peace keeper to my slightly more... physically agressive in the face of stupidity... tendencies. ...And she knows who I'm talking about, lol!)

    Ya'll made me smile. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home